Pitch Perfect (2012)
Doors open: 8 pm • Program: 8:45 pm
Bust a cappella with the Barden University Bellas, a collegiate girls’ singing group. Recognizing they’re in a song slump, members of the team (Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow) recruit newcomer Beca (Anna Kendrick), who reluctantly joins the squad. Facing a showdown with their male rivals, the Treblemakers, Beca tries to mix up the Bellas’ routine with pop-infused energy.
This year the Library’s FREE Off-the Wall rooftop summer film series includes an eccentric playlist of comedies with song-centric storylines. Music-filled movies feature prep-school rockers, gangsta rappers, collegiate a cappella competitors, a young couple scouring the city for an elusive band, and a golden-throated carnivorous plant.
MAY 18: School of Rock (2003, 1 h 49 m, PG-13)
JUNE 15: CB4 (1993, 1 h 29 m, R)
JULY 20: Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (2008, 1 h 30 m, PG-13)
AUGUST 17: Little Shop of Horrors (1986, 1 h 43 m, PG-13)
SEPTEMBER 21: Pitch Perfect (2012, 1 h 52 m, PG-13)
Some tips and notes about how best to enjoy an evening of downtown KC skyline cinema on the Central Library's Rooftop Terrace:
- Bring your own blankets and folding chairs for seating.
- Enjoy complimentary popcorn provided by the Friends of the Library. Sample some locally brewed ales and lagers courtesy of KC Bier Co.
- You may bring outside food and non-alcoholic beverages (no glass containers, please!)
- Doors open at 8 p.m. (Note: The Central Library closes at 5 p.m. on Fridays, but the doors reopen at 8 p.m. for Off-the-Wall audiences.)
All movies begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.) In case of bad weather, screenings are moved indoors.
- Complimentary parking is available in the Library District parking garage at 10th and Baltimore. Bring your parking ticket for validation.
- Transit options: take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at 9th / Main or Ride KC buses to 10th / Main transit plaza.
Co-presented by the Young Friends of the Library.