The Library continues this summer’s Off the Wall series of rooftop film screenings, featuring cats in non-starring but invariably scene-chewing roles, with 2019’s Captain Marvel (PG-13, 123 min.).
While the story chronicles Carol Danvers’ journey from fighter pilot to one of the most powerful heroes in the universe, Goose the Cat is the most marvelous (and mysterious) player in the movie. Which is good (a real paws-itive) for Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel and Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury.
*NOTE: Due to the weather forecast calling for thunderstorms this evening, we will be moving indoors to the Central Library's first-floor Kirk Hall. Doors will open at 8 p.m. -- don't forget to still bring your blankets and chairs!
Featured Meow-viesSeries Details »
Co-presented by the Kansas City Public Library and Young Friends of the Kansas City Public Library.
Attending Off the Wall
- Films are shown on the fifth-floor Rooftop Terrace of the Central Library, 14 West 10th St., KCMO.
- Bring your own seating, blankets, or folding chairs. (Chairs or other seating not provided.)
- Bring your own food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass containers, please.
- Doors open at 8 p.m. (The Central Library closes at 5 p.m. on Fridays, but reopens at 8 p.m. for Off the Wall events.)
- Screenings begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- Parking: Enter the Library District parking garage via Baltimore Avenue. Bring your parking ticket to the event for complimentary validation.
- Transit options: Take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at 9th and Main streets or use Ride KC bus routes.
- In case of bad weather, the event may be canceled. Watch event pages or the Library’s social media feeds for updates.