Director Tim Burton’s second take on Michael Keaton’s Caped Crusader takes place in a wintry Gotham City, with The Penguin (Danny DeVito) attempting a lateral move from the sewers to politics under the wing of corporate creep Max Shreck (Christopher Walken). Meanwhile after Selina Kyle (Michelle Pfeiffer) stumbles across Shreck’s sinister plans – and takes a literal fall for the discovery – she takes on the identity of Catwoman to exact revenge, while also toying with the city’s other two costumed combatants like a feline with a ball of twine.
- Friday, June9: Josie and the Pussycats (2001, PG-13, 98 min.)
- Friday, July 14: Captain Marvel (2019, PG-13, 123 min.)
- Friday, Aug 11: The Mummy (1999, PG-13, 124 min.)
Co-presented by the Kansas City Public Library and Young Friends of the Kansas City Public Library.
Attending Off the Wall
- Films are shown on the fifth-floor Rooftop Terrace of the Central Library, 14 West 10th St., KCMO.
- Bring your own seating, blankets, or folding chairs. (Chairs or other seating not provided.)
- Bring your own food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass containers, please.
- Doors open at 8 p.m. (The Central Library closes at 5 p.m. on Fridays, but reopens at 8 p.m. for Off the Wall events.)
- Screenings begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- Parking: Enter the Library District parking garage via Baltimore Avenue. Bring your parking ticket to the event for complimentary validation.
- Transit options: Take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at 9th and Main streets or use Ride KC bus routes.
- In case of bad weather, the event may be canceled. Watch event pages or the Library’s social media feeds for updates.