**NOTICE** Due to the severe weather forecast, the screening will be moved inside to the first-floor Kirk Hall. Join us indoors and bring your chairs, blankets, and snacks!
How to tame a fiendish, locust-unleashing, more than 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy?
Here, kitty, kitty.
The Library continues this summer’s Off the Wall series of rooftop film screenings, featuring cats in non-starring but invariably scene-chewing roles, with 1999’s The Mummy (PG-13, 124 min.). The action-adventure hit thrusts American adventurer Brendan Fraser and librarian Rachel Weisz into an archeological dig that awakens the remains of an ancient high priest, Imhotep … who’s not exactly a cat person.
Co-presented by the Kansas City Public Library and Young Friends of the Kansas City Public Library.
Attending Off the Wall
- Films are shown on the fifth-floor Rooftop Terrace of the Central Library, 14 West 10th St., KCMO.
- Bring your own seating, blankets, or folding chairs. (Chairs or other seating not provided.)
- Bring your own food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass containers, please.
- Doors open at 8 p.m. (The Central Library closes at 5 p.m. on Fridays, but reopens at 8 p.m. for Off the Wall events.)
- Screenings begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- Parking: Enter the Library District parking garage via Baltimore Avenue. Bring your parking ticket to the event for complimentary validation.
- Transit options: Take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at 9th and Main streets or use Ride KC bus routes.
- In case of bad weather, the event will be moved indoors. Watch event pages or the Library’s social media feeds for updates.