The desert is like a big litter box: it’s dangerous to go digging, because you may be horrified by what you find.
Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser), an American serving in the French Foreign Legion, and British librarian and scholar Evelyn Carnahan (Rachel Weisz) learn this lesson the hard way when they awaken the long-dead and extremely dehydrated High Priest Imhotep from his cursed slumber. When dealing with an ancient civilization where cats were revered as gods, there’s a reason not to stray too far from your feline companions when mummy gets angry.
- Friday, June9: Josie and the Pussycats (2001, PG-13, 98 min.)
- Friday, July 14: Captain Marvel (2019, PG-13, 123 min.)
- Friday, Sept 8: Batman Returns (1992, PG-13, 126 min.)
Co-presented by the Kansas City Public Library and Young Friends of the Kansas City Public Library.
Attending Off the Wall
- Films are shown on the fifth-floor Rooftop Terrace of the Central Library, 14 West 10th St., KCMO.
- Bring your own seating, blankets, or folding chairs. (Chairs or other seating not provided.)
- Bring your own food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass containers, please.
- Doors open at 8 p.m. (The Central Library closes at 5 p.m. on Fridays, but reopens at 8 p.m. for Off the Wall events.)
- Screenings begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- Parking: Enter the Library District parking garage via Baltimore Avenue. Bring your parking ticket to the event for complimentary validation.
- Transit options: Take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at 9th and Main streets or use Ride KC bus routes.
- In case of bad weather, the event may be canceled. Watch event pages or the Library’s social media feeds for updates.