As this year's National Library Week draws to a close, we're taking a moment to recognize the many ways the Kansas City Public Library — and specifically, our outstanding staff — strives to support and serve our city and its people. Despite the challenges posed by the global COVID-19 pandemic, Library employees have continued working to ensure all Kansas Citians can access vital resources and opportunities. Even with public health-dictated limitations in our physical spaces, we’ve launched new services, reimagined existing ones, collaborated with area partners to respond to community needs, and done what libraries do best: help our patrons solve problems and seek solutions. That’s a product of the dedication, diligence, and drive of our Library team.
Below is just a sampling (or a list ... we love lists!) of the ways the Library impacts you and our community every day, with a collection of images of the people who directly deliver our services:
- Giving you the things you want to read, watch, or listen to — for FREE.
- Providing free internet access through our public computers or Wi-Fi hotspot lending service.
- Inspiring kids to learn and grow, and offering educational tools to parents.
- Connecting people in need with vital community resources.
- Connecting you with other book lovers.
- Helping you find your next job or start a business.
- Providing technology help and training.
- Suggesting your next great read.
- Introducing you to ideas and stories through free public events and activities.
- Preserving and sharing our history.
- Welcoming immigrants and refugees.
- Offering free access to news and information.
- Registering people to vote.
- Helping you live a healthy lifestyle.
...and so much more.
To our Library team: Thank you for all you do to make the Kansas City Public Library a welcoming place for all. Your dedication makes a real difference in the lives of our patrons.
To our community: Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to continuing to serve you!