Live the Fantastic | 2020 Summer Reading Program | June 1 - August 31
“A story, a story. Let it go, let it come.” ~ West African folktale introduction
BEGIN YOUR SUMMER READING QUEST:
- Sign up yourself or the entire family.
- * Earn a FREE BOOK just for signing up!
- Read five books between June 1 and August 31, 2020. Titles can be official Suggested Reading picks for youth, teens, or adults, but you can read any five books in any format – hardcover, audiobook, eBooks, graphic novels. Everything counts!
- Log your five reads online using the Beanstack service or the Beanstack Tracker mobile app (iTunes Store | Google Play).
- Earn a FANTASTIC prize: *
- Sippy cup
- Light-up cup
- Pint glass
- And be sure to share your Summer Reading experiences on social media! Follow the Library’s accounts, and tag your posts with #kcSummerReads.
Readers can claim their prize at any Library location during Pop In / Pick Up holds service operating hours. Just follow the same steps for picking up your holds to get your fantastic drinking vessel! More information >
Summer Reading Activities
Share and Discuss Online
We all may be practicing social distancing, but you can still connect and share your Summer Reading experiences!
Snap photos of the books you’re reading or post social media updates, plus track the latest Library happenings on our blog. Be sure to tag the Library in all your posts and use the hashtag #kcSummerReads.
A FANTASTIC READING VOYAGE
Need some bookish ideas for your Summer Reading quest?
Our librarian story squad can offer some reading suggestions just for you. Try the Library’s Shelf Help service and get a customized list of recommendations tailored to your tastes.
STORIES FOR STRESSFUL TIMES
When the going gets tough, the tough turn to reading.
Reading connects, relaxes, and resets. Stories have the power to keep our connections to our world strong, relax our overactive minds, and reset our intentions to move past the difficult periods in our lives.
Use stories to bridge the bad times. An inspiring tale to lift the spirits of a friend; a funny fable with a sly lesson to share with a child; an engrossing memoir or travelogue that will take you to another place, another time, or another life. More than ever, we need stories to teach us, to bring us together, to help us make sense of an upended reality.
Every service we are familiar with has been impacted by the pandemic. This includes your library, but we have not ceased efforts to keep connecting you to the many stories and other critical resources you need.
Reach out to us by phone, live chat, social media, or email if there’s any way we can help you. Your story is fantastic and it matters to us.