A new chapter is beginning for the Library’s North-East Branch.
A complete renovation and redesign of the location has required the North-East Branch to TEMPORARILY RELOCATE. A temporary space directly across the street at 5930 Wilson Rd. in the Northeast Plaza Shopping Center will house many of the location’s materials during the process, which is expected to last through late 2020.
Visitors should be aware that while some services and resources are still accessible in the temporary space, others will be limited or unavailable. Operating hours remain the same for North-East’s temporary site
Fridays 11 am - 12 pm
- Computers: 16 for adults, 4 for kids, 3 "express" (15-minute limit)
- Free Wi-Fi access at all branches
Limited postal services are available:
- Purchase Forever Stamps
- Obtain Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes and boxes
- Mail pre-stamped envelopes or packages
- Enjoy extended P.O. Box hours
The North-East Branch opened in 1914 in Northeast High School with 6,000 books. In 1986 the Northeast, East, and Blue Valley branches were combined into the North-East branch. The library building at 6000 Wilson Road opened in 1989 and now contains approximately 65,000 items.