As the COVID-19 crisis evolves, the Library continues working to serve the Kansas City community.
Many of our operations and services may occasionally be limited or take on new and different forms. We’ll continue posting updates on this page. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out to us via email, live chat, or phone.
Guided by the CDC and other government guidelines, the Library is committed to keeping you safe:
- Locations are only open for pop-in and appointment services.
- Patrons and staff are required to wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Library materials are quarantined after use before going back on the shelf.
- Surfaces, furniture and computers are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
The City of Kansas City, Missouri requires visitors to wear a mask while indoors in public buildings.
- Masks must meet CDC recommendations (details at cdc.gov).
- Masks must be worn properly, fully covering both nose and mouth.
- Masks must be worn by guests age 2 and up.
- Not permitted:
- Face shields alone (pairing with mask OK)
- Handkerchiefs tied around the face
- Single-layer gaiters (can use a double-layer gaiter or fold it to make two layers)
- Masks with valves (vents allow virus to escape)
Available Library Services
As of October 21, 2020
- Pop In / Pick Up contact-free holds service (limited hours of operation)
- Public computers
- Remote Printing Pick Up
- Missouri Valley Special Collections Research by Appointment
- Study Spots
- Book A Browse
- Community Resources @ Central
- Community Connection Rooms
- Accepting returns in outdoor return boxes only
- Full access to Library buildings
- Browsing physical collections at most locations
- Meeting rooms
- In-person activities and public programs
- Most Outreach services