- Submissions open Sept. 1 – Sept. 30, 2020
- Winners will be announced mid-October
- Winners and honorable mentions will be published on the Library website.
- Videos will premiere late October
Who can enter:
There are two categories, with one winner from each group:
- Ages 10-13
- Ages 14-18
Contestants must live within the Kansas City metro area.
- Word Limits - Max 1000 words/Minimum 350 words.
- Stories should be wholly original, written in the writer’s own words.
- Applicants may submit more than one story.
- Stories can be typed or neatly written by hand (photos of handwritten material can be uploaded as JPEG images).
- Winning stories may be subject to minor editing to prepare it for the video.
- By submitting entries, contestants give the Library permission to adapt or edit the content for promotions related to this contest.
Entries must include:
- Full name of writer
- Phone number
- Zip code