Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)
NOTE: This year we’re shifting our location to the top level of the Community Bookshelf Parking Garage, just across Baltimore Avenue from the Central Library.
The Gremlins are up for some midnight madness in New York City in this sequel. Having moved to the Big Apple after their Kingston Falls fallout, Billy and Kate (Zach Galligan and Phoebe Cates) work in a techno-marvel skyscraper, complete with a shady genetics lab and an after-hours snack bar, which turns out to be a recipe for familiar trouble. Just add water for Mogwai mayhem.
June 25: Space Jam (1996; PG; 1 hour, 28 min.)
July 23: Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990; PG-13; 1 hour, 46 min.)
August 27: Harry and the Hendersons (1987; PG; 1 hour, 50 min.)
September 24: Young Frankenstein (1974; PG; 1 hour, 46 min.)
Co-presented by the Young Friends of the Library.
Some tips and notes about off the wall 2021:
- Films will be shown on the top level of the Community Bookshelf Parking Garage.
- Bring your own seating, blankets, or folding chairs. (Additional chairs or other seating not provided)
- Bring your own food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass containers, please.
- Restrooms will be available across the street, inside the Central Library. Masks are required inside the Library.
- Seating on the top level of the garage begins at 8 p.m.
- Screenings begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.).
- Parking: Enter the Library District parking garage via Baltimore Avenue. Parking is available on the first four levels. Bring your parking ticket up to the top level of the garage for complimentary validation.
- Transit options: take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at Ninth / Main or use Ride KC bus routes.
- In case of bad weather, the event will be canceled.