Manage your Library account anywhere, anytime. Search our catalog, reserve books, CDs, or DVDs, check your current borrowing and due dates, and more. Completely rebuilt in 2021, the KC Library app offers the following features features:
- The app offers a digital version of your Library card! Bring up the barcode on your phone screen, then scan it as you would your card at a customer service desk or self-checkout machine.
- Use the built-in barcode scanner to read UPC codes and ISBN numbers on book covers and quickly see the record for that title in the Library catalog.
- Get full access to your Shelves in your catalog account to keep track of what you’re reading or what’s on your wish list: For Later, In Progress, and Completed.
- Rate titles in the collection and view other star ratings from other Library users.
- Find your preferred Kansas City Public Library location and view hours of operation.
- Explore topic lists created by Library staff and other catalog users.