ART STARTS AT YOUR LIBRARY | JUNE 1 - AUGUST 15
Celebrate the power of creativity, ideas, and expression with the 2022 Summer Reading Program.
- Sign up yourself or the entire family.
- Earn a FREE BOOK just for signing up! (Books will be available at Library locations as of June 1)
- Read five books between June 1 and August 15, 2022. Titles can be official Suggested Reading picks for youth, teens, or adults, but you can read any five books in any format – hardcover, audiobook, eBooks, graphic novels. Everything counts!
- Log your five reads online using Beanstack or the Beanstack Tracker mobile app.
- Earn a prize:
- Sippy cup (babies and toddlers)
- Creative journal and pens (kids and teens)
- Pint glass (adults)
- Be sure to share your Summer Reading experiences on social media! Follow the Library’s accounts, and tag your posts with #kcSummerReads.
Want more book ideas?
Our librarian story squad can offer some reading suggestions just for you. Try our Shelf Help service and get a customized list of recommendations tailored to your tastes.
Summer Reading Activities
Made possible by these generous supporters
Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
R. A. Long Foundation
Edward F. Swinney Trust
Share and Discuss Online
Share your Summer Reading experiences!
Snap photos of the books you’re reading or post social media updates, plus track the latest Library happenings on our blog. Be sure to tag the Library in all your posts and use the hashtag #kcSummerReads.