Tuesday, April 9, is National Library Workers Day, and the Kansas City Public Library joins a celebration across the country of the librarians, support personnel, and others who help make our institutions places for community-wide engagement, enrichment, and development.
We salute our own staff of stars for:
- Sharing their love of knowledge, learning, and reading.
- Helping patrons navigate digital resources, including logging into email accounts and databases.
- Facilitating our multitude of storytime sessions, laying the foundation for a lifelong love of books and reading.
- Overseeing monthly events and activities that connect or steer patrons with life challenges to helpful resources.
- Creating engaging, informative, dynamic programming, from evening speaking presentations to musical and dramatic performances, art exhibits, and children’s and family events.
- Maintaining access to the Library through all kinds of weather, construction, and technology upgrades.
- Focusing on the wealth of information and resources available through the Library website.
- Offering a welcoming smile to everyone.
Join us, won’t you, in telling them “thanks.”