Staying informed about what’s happening in your community, nation, and the world is now easier than ever, thanks to PressReader, the latest addition to the Library’s collection of digital services.
PressReader gives you one place to navigate the news – whether it’s from local, national, or international sources. Your Kansas City Public Library card gets you unlimited access to over 6,000 newspapers and magazines from around the world, in 60-plus languages.
What can you read on PressReader?
Read newspapers from around the U.S., such as the Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, and Chicago Tribune.
Browse popular magazines including Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Vogue, Popular Science, Esquire, Variety, and Highlights.
Conveniently read publications from other countries including Mexico, the United Kingdom, Thailand, France, Germany, and the Republic of Korea.
What else is great about PressReader? No subscription is required; all the offerings are FREE to access with your Kansas City Public Library card. You now have a single, convenient way to browse all the news that’s important to you.
Other benefits and features of PressReader:
• Create your own home feed with selected publications, and view top stories from across the U.S. or other countries you choose.
• Use the mobile app to enjoy access on the go. (Apple App Store | Google Play | Microsoft Store)
• Save articles to your own customized collections.
• View articles as either page views (similar to print layout) or as text views optimized for online reading.
• Translate content into other languages and listen to audio versions of select articles.
• Engage kids with PressReader’s offerings of youth-friendly content and publications.
Whatever your interests, PressReader has something to offer. Art lovers, pet enthusiasts, music fans, news hounds, automotive experts, history nerds, crafters and DIYers, sports obsessives, gym rats, gamers, or gearheads – there’s a magazine or newspaper for everyone to enjoy. All you need is your library card to get started at kclibrary.org/pressreader.
TRY PRESSREADER NOW
Get the app: Apple App Store | Google Play | Microsoft Store
How to Use PressReader
• Get a library card >
• Browse issues of The Kansas City Star’s image edition and text edition.
• Free access to The New York Times (NYTimes.com) >
• More digital magazines and newspapers >
• Visit the Library’s Digital Branch >