Public computers and printing at the Waldo Branch will be unavailable for patron use through Dec. 12th due to technology upgrades.Check availability »
The HMS Victory
This small scale reproduction celebrates the HMS Victory, notable for the role as Lord Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar on October 21, 1805. The original ship, by the Royal Navy rating system, was considered first-rate because of the continuous decks that contained 104 mounted guns. The replica features the following exterior attributes along the main structure of the ship: a copper metal like bottom, six black and five yellow stripes that run the length of the hull starting from the middle and extending upward towards the deck, and three rows of gun-ports that total ninety-four cannons. Above the quarterdeck the following features are noted: the mizzen, the main mast and the foremast each contain three sails all secured by rigging. The top two sails of each mast are unfurled and the bottom sails are rolled up. Additional sails are also located on the bowsprit and along the rudder portion of the stern. Along the stern of the ship there are a total of twenty seven windows. The HMS Victory replica was created in1972.