While Library staff are not tax professionals, we can help point you to useful providers and resources:
- Call the United Way of Greater Kansas City's 2-1-1 helpline or visit their website.
- Find links and resources in the Frequently Asked Questions below or contact Ask A Librarian to help you find what you need.
- Download our informational flyer with information on where you can find assistance this tax season.
AARP Tax-Aide at the Kansas City Public Library, Waldo Branch
February 1 – April 18, 2023
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers can help patrons with 2022 federal and state tax filing and filing for Property Tax Credit.
Appointments are managed by AARP Tax-Aide; visit their online calendar and schedule your appointment.
Be aware there are limited appointments each day.
- An appointment is a 30-minute time block.
- If you have more than one year of returns to file, you will need a second consecutive appointment.
- Only the primary taxpayer and spouse are permitted in a session.
- You must wear a mask for your appointment.
- Walk-ins are not permitted.
What to bring:
- Current photo ID
- Social Security Number confirmation documentation
- Last year’s return
- Current tax year income/deduction documents
*Please note the Library does not manage tax appointments. For questions about your appointment, contact AARP Tax-Aide at 816.974.3135.