NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED RATE OF TAXES FOR THE KANSAS CITY URBAN PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
Notice is hereby given to those persons resident within The Kansas City Urban Public Library District, hereinafter described as The Kansas City Public Library District, that a public hearing shall be held on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, commencing at 4:30 p.m. for the purpose of enabling citizens to be heard concerning the proposed rate of taxes for said Kansas City Public Library District. Members of the public may attend in person or register in advance to join the webinar online. A mask will be required, and social distancing will be observed at the Central Library Annex Board Room located at 913 Baltimore Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri. Or go to https://kclibrary.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2qfJRih7RIGuLhVM3L4EqA to register for the webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. In accordance with the provisions of Section 67.110, RSMo, the following information is submitted:
1. The assessed valuation by category of real and personal tangible property of said Kansas City Public Library District for fiscal year 2020-2021 is estimated as follows: (a) Real estate $3,344,021,245 (b) Personal property $774,159,040.
2. The assessed valuation by category of real and personal tangible property of said Kansas City Public Library District for the preceding fiscal year is as follows: (a) Real estate $3,623,483,183 (b) Personal property $763,178,676.
3. The amount of revenue required to be provided from the property tax as set forth in the annual budget adopted by the Board of Trustees of said Kansas City Public Library District for the rate to be levied is projected as follows: General operating revenue $21,225,915.
4. The amount of revenue increase estimated for fiscal year 2020-2021 for new construction and improvements is projected at $38,795. The amount of revenue decrease due to reassessment in the current year is projected at $643,311 a 2.95% decrease from the preceding fiscal year.
5. The estimated tax rate proposed to be set for taxation is as follows: General operating levy $0.5644 cents per $100.00 assessed valuation. *
*This rate is based upon the information available to the library district at the time of publication and is subject to change due to the receipt of subsequent information (such as after board of equalization or other changes to assessed values), Board of Trustees decisions or upon notice from the state auditor’s office.
By order of the Board of Trustees of The Kansas City Public Library District, this 14th day of September 2020.