Young Frankenstein (1974)
NOTE: This year we’re shifting our location to the top level of the Community Bookshelf Parking Garage, just across Baltimore Ave. from the Central Library.
Mel Brooks delivers a classic comedy about the infamous scientist’s American grandson (Gene Wilder), who in seeking to redeem his family’s name – and its correct pronunciation – discovers the secret to reanimating the dead. Walk this way for a mix of terror and tap-dancing.
June 25: Space Jam (1996; PG; 1 hour, 28 min.)
July 23: Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990; PG-13; 1 hour, 46 min.)
August 27: Harry and the Hendersons (1987; PG; 1 hour, 50 min;)
September 24: Young Frankenstein (1974; PG; 1 hour, 46 min.)
Co-presented by the Young Friends of the Library.
Some tips and notes about off the wall 2021:
- Films will be shown on the top level of the Community Bookshelf Parking Garage.
- Bring your own seating, blankets, or folding chairs. (Additional chairs or other seating not provided)
- Bring your own food, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass containers, please.
- Restrooms will be available across the street, inside the Central Library. Masks are required inside the Library.
- Seating on the top level of the garage begins at 8 p.m.
- Screenings begin at dusk (approximately 8:45 p.m.).
- Parking: Enter the Library District parking garage via Baltimore Avenue. Parking is available on the first four levels. Bring your parking ticket up to the top level of the garage for complimentary validation.
- Transit options: take KC Streetcar to the Library stop at Ninth / Main or use Ride KC bus routes.
- In case of bad weather, the event will be canceled.