Digital Content Specialist
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Programming and Marketing, the Digital Content Specialist assumes responsibility for writing, maintaining, and monitoring content for Kansas City Public Library publication outlets and coordinating social media efforts for the Library.
This is a full-time exempt position. The starting salary is $44,810 including excellent benefits. This position is open until filled.
• Maintain, write, edit and post content for online and offline library products.
• Coordinate and implement the Library’s social media strategy and participation. Plan and implement social media campaigns. Monitor social media outlets, posting on appropriate topics or in response to other posts/comments. Regularly updates external social sites and other online material for the Library.
• Tracks the Library’s social media efforts through analytics and benchmarks to help determine effectiveness and strategy.
• Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web and social media trends.
• Produce videos that showcase the Library.
• Monitor other social library accounts, maintain a database of passwords and track who has access to those accounts, and provide training and guidance to staff as needed.
• Assist with running signature events.
• Demonstrated experience with online social networks and implementation of social media campaigns in an organizational environment.
• Proven experience assisting in projects from initial concept through development stages to design, implementation and completion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and to meet project milestones.
• Ability to handle a varied workload and to manage more than one area of work at a time.
• Ability to work well as a liaison with people at all organizational levels both internal and external to the Library.
• Must be available to assist with Public Affairs events. Includes some evenings and weekends.
• Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree plus related experience or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. A Bachelor’s Degree in communications or computer science, demonstrated proficiency in HTML and CSS, and experience working in a public library are preferred.
Please apply for this position through our web application system. We will only be accepting applications submitted through this system. If you are chosen for an interview, the hiring team will reach out to you directly. Once the position is filled, other applicants will receive an email from us. Please note that we cannot respond to requests for application status and generally do not provide interim updates to applicants.
Kansas City Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.