Legal Aid in the Library
Meet with attorneys from Legal Aid of Western Missouri in a series of free one-on-one community events. Appointments are available monthly on the fourth Thursday and are limited.
**Appointment Required: Call Legal Aid of Western Missouri at 816.474.1413 x5289.
Appointments are limited.
Attorneys CAN provide information on:
- Consumer Law (including debt collection and loan modification)
- Healthcare/Public Benefits
- Home ownership
- Beneficiary deeds
- Tax abatement
- Family law
Attorneys CANNOT address:
- Personal injury lawsuits
- Workers’ Compensation cases
- Criminal cases, including traffic violations
- Class actions
- Actions on behalf of those in prison or jail
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri
- Kansas City Public Library