COVID SAFETY POLICIES
(as of Mar. 14, 2022)
- Masks are optional inside Library buildings.
- Food and Drink: Patrons may have drinks with lids and small snacks in designated areas.
- Visitors must comply with occupancy limits for Library buildings and spaces.
- Patrons should follow instructions provided by Library staff relative to safe use of our facilities.
- Feeling sick? Please don’t visit for now and help keep everyone healthy. We’ll see you once you’re well!
VISITING YOUR LIBRARY
(as of Mar. 7, 2022)
Visit kclibrary.org/locations for information on each KC Library location.
- Location Hours: Full regular open service hours in effect at Library locations; please be aware that temporary location closures or changes in hours may occur due to staffing shortages.
- Browsing and Holds: Come inside to explore our shelves or pick up your holds.
- Returns: Borrowed books, DVDs, and CDs can be placed in outdoor drop boxes or indoor returns areas.
- Technology Services: Public computers and print, fax, and scan services are available. Free wireless internet is available inside and outside all locations. Internet to Go kits can be reserved and checked out.
- Study and meeting areas are available by reservation. Capacity has returned to usual levels based on individual spaces.
- Special event spaces are available for rental.
- Kids Café is offered as a grab-and-go service at the Library’s Bluford, Southeast, Trails West, and Waldo locations. Those who need a place to sit and eat should talk to staff and will be accommodated. (View schedule on our calendar)
- Several Library services continue to be offered by appointment. Community Reference sessions, local history research, and more are available at kclibrary.org/appointments.
- Library events and activities: Many programs take place in person, some with capacity limits or required registration. Some classes, book groups, or other activities remain online. Check the individual pages on Library's calendar for specific details.
CLEANING AND SAFETY
- Hand sanitizer readily available in public areas.
- Protective Plexiglas shields installed in service areas.
- Keyboards and tables are cleaned regularly.
- Children’s areas and toys undergo thorough regular cleaning.
Questions? Contact Us
Find more COVID-19 resources and information.
Stay up to date on the latest Library news:
Follow the Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram | Subscribe to our KC Library UnBound newsletter.