There are a vast array of career options. It is important to consider information about yourself and information about occupations when making career decisions. Use the resources below to explore your interests and conduct research on occupations you might pursue!
EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS: RESEARCH OCCUPATIONS AND CAREER INTEREST ASSESSMENTS
Two- and four-year colleges also offer career counseling and services to prospective students:
DIG IN & RESEARCH
- Learning Express Library: Career Center section (Library card and PIN required). Prepare for a career exam and explore occupations here.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Is your career field expected to grow or phase out? What is the salary range? Find practical answers to help you make solid decisions for your future.
- SalaryExpert: Run a customized report showing what jobs in your location typically pay for your education and experience.
- Lynda.com: Informational interviewing is a great tool to use to evaluate whether the reality of a job lives up to your expectations. Learn more by watching tutorials on this and other facets of career research on Lynda. (Library cad and PIN required).
LOCAL COMMUNITY CAREER/JOB RESOURCES:
- Full Employment Council: The FEC serves residents of Cass, Class, Jackson, Platte and Ray counties in Missouri, offering employment help and career counseling for adult and young adults.
- Workforce Partnership: Serving residents in Johnson, Leavenworth, and Wyandott counties in Kansas, WP helps people with career exploration and job searching.
- United Way 2-1-1: Acting as a referral service, 2-1-1 helps you connect with local Kansas City organizations that can help you with various needs, including employment, career training, financial assistance, etc. If you're more comfortable using the phone, you can dial 2-1-1 to be connected with a representative who can search that information for you.
- Need more one-on-one career help? Consider working with a career coach certified through the National Career Development Association (NCDA). Fees and services will vary by practitioner.