There are several steps to take to turn your business idea into reality. Here are some resources and services to help.
- The Missouri Secretary of State's Starting a Business webpage. This page includes links to the required state forms and the new company registration system.
- The Secretary of State's Search for a Business Entity page. This page allows you to determine if your selected business name is available for use. The Library’s database Legal Forms Library (in consultation with an attorney) may also help you with this process.
- The staff of KC BizCare, operated by the City of Kansas City, will assist you with the licensing process and other required local registrations.
- Remember to register with the Missouri Department of Revenue and the IRS to be assigned an identification number to pay those taxes!
- Almost all entrepreneurs also need an attorney and an accountant. Martindale.com is an excellent website for finding a good attorney.