Special Event Spaces
Our team will work with you to find the best possible space based on your specific needs and expectations. We can assist with room setup, audio-visual support, and use of other library amenities to make sure your goals are met. We can even arrange for use of the library beyond normal hours, parking for your guests, onsite catering, and enhanced audio-visual services.
Download the Kansas City Public Library's Smart Events brochure (pdf) for additional information about spaces, capacities, features, prices, and more.
14 West 10th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Near the River Market, Power & Light District, Bartle Hall Convention Center, and the Crossroads, the former bank turned Central Library offers a beautiful downtown location ideal for lunches/dinners/receptions, full-day meetings, and weddings. Unique spaces could also accommodate private parties, movies, and other event types.
- Kirk Hall
- Helzberg Auditorium
- Rooftop Terrace
- Durwood Film Vault
- Vault Level Multipurpose Room
4801 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
On the southern side of the Country Club Plaza, overlooking Brush Creek, the Plaza Branch offers a beautiful setting that is home to the state-of-the-art Truman Forum Auditorium, a beautifully appointed space built for large presentations. Additional conference rooms are also available in this convenient location.
- Turner Meeting Room
- Truman Forum Auditorium
- Cohen Center
Pierpont's Catering is the exclusive caterer for the Central Library and Plaza Branch. Learn more about catering at Library special events.
Contact Events Coordinator at EventsCoordinator@kclibrary.org for more information.
Room Setup Definitions
(Note: some furniture may have to be rented from outside vendor if Library inventory is not available)
- Conference/Boardroom – a rectangular or oval table is set up with chairs placed around all sides and ends.
- Classroom – rows of tables with chairs face the front of a room and each person has a space for writing.
- Banquet Rounds – 72-inch diameter rounds have seats on the outside for meal functions.
- Reception/Cocktail – cocktail/reception tables (small round tables, 15-30 inches in diameter) with some chairs.
- Theatre Style - seats or chairs are in rows facing the stage area, head table or the speaker (no tables).
- U-Shape & Hollow Square - Series of tables in the shape of the letter U or in large square with chairs set around the outside.
Central Library Capacity
|Room||Conference Setup||Classroom Setup||U-Shape Setup||Theatre Setup||Banquet Setup||Reception Setup|
|Durwood Film Vault||N/A||N/A||N/A||28||N/A||N/A|
|Vault Level Multipurpose Room||16||32||16||60||40||60|